Wall drawing progress in studio 30 at Toi Pōneke
Observations so far:
- One litre of paint isn’t very much, but will have to be just enough for testing.
- Pre-cut vinyl may be a way to speed up the install process. It will also improve the accuracy of translating the original drawing from digital to analogue.
- Time spent painting is fraction of the install time, though drying and curing times extend this.
- While the blue (named Elvis) feels right for this test piece, it could be too heavy over several walls, moving from joyous to oppressive.
- It’s great having a studio space again, to have somewhere to go to make work.
- I really want to take the tape off.